You might have a wonderful blog set up. You have started to post concise and helpful information that your niche market would benefit from. The number of comments gradually decrease as days go by and your traffic towards your blog starts to fare badly. What will you do next?
Believe it or not, blogs require ongoing promotions to start driving traffic.
This article reveals 12 little-known blog traffic secrets that will help you to get more blog visitors, readers and customers:
1. Announce your blog to the world. Invite your kith and kin, friends, acquitances, clients, associates and business colleagues in your network to subscribe.
2. Get spidered by the Yahoo search engine. Set up a feed on Yahoo.com.
3. Make sure your blog's URL is imprinted on your brochures, business cards and flyers.
4. Visit related blogs in your expertise area. Share healthy, bold, helpful comments (and ideas) and include alink back to your blog.
Keep in touch with other bloggers who are in your niche market. Avoid writing boring and seeming templated things like "good blog" or "wonderful post".
5. Frequent posts attract your subscribers to come back and refer you to others in their networks; always include links to other articles, blogs and Web Sites in your posts.
6. Always link your blog in your email signature file.
7. Use Ping-0-Matic to ping blog directories every time you publish. Only ping blogs related to your content. Pingomatic.com
8. Post your written articles in article directories and don't forget to include a link to your blog in the author's resource box.
9. Use blog directories to submit your blogs. Go to http://www.masternewmedia.org/rss/top55 for a complete list of blog directories.
10. Include a link back to your blog on every page of your Web Site.
11. Every edition of your newsletter must contain a link to your blog, so every time you publish a new issue, insert a blog link.
12. Create a RSS (Rich Site Summary, or Really Simple Syndication) feed URL and let people subscribe to it.
NOTE: RSS is a document type that lists updates of Web Sites or blogs available for syndication. RSS documents (also known as 'feeds') may be read using aggregators (news readers). It either shows only headlines or both headlines and summaries.
In conclusion, your blog is a real gold mine. Make blogs work for you now, not later. Get more traffic to your blog and turn it into profits.